Frequently Asked Questions
I have heard of professional coaching, but not really sure what it means. Can you explain this to me?
Coaching is all about you!
Working from your inside out, focussing on what is important to you, your values, as well as identifying your strengths and taking action towards your vision, goals and dreams.
We use this information to focus on either your immediate, short term or longer-term goals and how you will achieve them.
There are many ways that you can be supported in your personal and professional life.
- Coaching is generally a short-term relationship. One that focusses on a particular problem or goal.
- Consulting is engaging with a business to provide expert advice in order to improve organisational performance.
- Mentoring tends to be longer term and with someone that has been in a similar role to what you are in or someone who is in a role you are aspiring to.
Positive psychology focusses on the positive events in your life. As your coach I will work with you to improve your experiences, identify and use your strengths, and removing self-limiting beliefs.
Positive psychology focusses on the future. Whereas therapy and counselling focus on the past and helping you find underlying reasons for behaviour or experiences.
“Positive psychology is the scientific study of what makes life most worth living” (Peterson, 2008).
I love helping those around me.
I will stretch you, I will challenge you and I will invite you to reconnect to you.
Working with me will be gentle. I will guide you as we explore your challenges or opportunities of growth.
I will never make you feel less than you are – because you are amazing!!
I will ensure our journey together is measured and safe – but full of exploration and growth.
Great question. Here are a couple of reason you should work with me:
- I am a qualified leadership and executive coach, as well as certification in project and change management.
- I have spent over 15 years coaching team members and leaders. That’s over 2,000 days of support, coaching, mentoring, leading and guiding others.
- I have successfully supported women and men as they have transitioned from one career to a completely new career or even a whole new life choice.
- I have led high performing teams and I have lead teams that have transitioned to high performing teams
- I have been an executive manager for teams of 10 people to 1000 people
There are a lot of coaches out there that have done the training and know the theory inside out. I not only have the ‘qualifications’ but I have the practical experience.
I will listen to you, break through the bullshit and get to the crux of the problem. No more excuses, no more hiding
Yes, your privacy is extremely important to me and will NEVER be shared with anyone else, unless full written permission is provided.
Here is a link to my privacy statement
This really depends on you and your needs.
For immediate challenges, I would recommend 4 weeks. These are 4 x 60 min sessions that focus on your immediate needs.
For short term goals , I would recommend 3 months. This includes 12 x 60 min sessions that focus on solving a particular problem or short term goal.
But, if you are interested in longer term change and transformation – this should be no less than 6 months.
This will not be like other coaching sessions that you attend, pay and then leave – this will not be transactional.
Our time together will be transformational. You will leave feeling fulfilled and ready for action.
After our complimentary connection call, I will tailor a program specifically to your needs and budget
How do I know you are the right person for me?
Before we get started, it is important that we have an initial complimentary connection call. This is a great way to see if we can work together and that I can support you with your problem or goal.
Once you agree to go ahead with my coaching, I will send you a questionnaire that will assist me in determining the best way to support you.
We will have weekly, fortnightly or monthly sessions – these will either be in person, on the phone or via zoom (video) – or perhaps a combination.
In addition to this, unlimited email and texting (but please remember I may be with another client – so sometimes it may be up to a 24hr turnaround for responses)
I will check in with you at the start of the week – to see how you are feeling. Any additional support you may need for the week.
I will hold space for you to learn, grow, think, feel and be.
….and most importantly – I will care for you and your needs.